In April 2007, Carrie Holmes launched Axis Planning & Development LLC, offering project management services to owners and developers of commercial real estate projects. Since that time, Axis has completed over $450M of new construction and renovation projects including medical office space, public market infrastructure and tenant improvements, commercial office space, feasibility studies and facilitated envisioning programs.
Carrie was a project manager for Unico Properties for five years, where she managed tenant and capital building improvements for the Metropolitan Tract and was development manager for the $35M renovation of the historic Cobb Building from medical/dental use to high-end luxury apartments, and the $14M seismic upgrade for the Skinner Building. Prior to joining Unico, Carrie worked on the resort master plan and construction for a mixed-use village at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area in California.
Carrie earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Washington State University. She also has certificates in Commercial Real Estate and Medical Management from University of Washington and Sustainable Building Advisor from Seattle Community College.
Education & Distinctions
- BA in Business and Decision Science (Statistics), Minor Human Resources, Washington State University, 2000
- Sustainable Building Advisor, Seattle Central Community College 2003
- Certificate in Commercial Real Estate, University of Washington, 2005
- Young Executive Program, Bellevue Chamber of Commerce, 2005 and 2008
- Certificate in Medical Management, University of Washington, 2011
- Past Board Member, Seattle Children’s Home
- Past Board Member, Mercer Island Youth and Family Services
- Past Programs Committee Co-Chair, Urban Land Institute Young Leader Group
- Current Board Member, Navos Mental Health Solutions